my stuff

Friday, January 23, 2009

It's a Beautiful Day

It was a beautiful day when Barrack Obama officially became the 44th President of the United States. I, like most of this country hopes for good change to happen to this country. I'd like to see the ecomomy get better so there will be more jobs. If consumers aren't buying things, the stores and companies and stuff will suffer, cut jobs, etc then we'll spiral down into a recession.
I've been feeling better these days. I went to welcome dinner last Friday. Someone named Suzie was hosting the dinner at her apartment in Brookline. I met some people and stuff. At this welcome dinner, there was a real dinner, not just soup or pizza.
I had to leave early cause I had driver's ed in the morning. After driver's ed, Mom, Matt, Christina and I ate dinner at the Anchor before going to Boston to see a play at the ART. The play was The Seagull. I thought it was good, it was a more serious play, written by a Russian playwright so it was melodramtic. The play was long- it was nearly 11pm when it was over.
We stayed up late Saturday night watching movies and shows on TV. I didn't do much Sunday. Just went to Boston to stay the night. Mary is still in Irealnd, so Mom and I have been in Boston for most of this week. I went to Cafe Tuesday night but didn't have to worry about having money for the train. I went to Connecting Group. Someone had brought cookies for snacks. I talked to some people then went to Kenndy's to hang out. I didn't have enough money for beer. I just got soda which didn't cost me anything.
I think I had confindence that night which drew people in to hang out with me. I got two invites- one from John to go ice skating tongiht at a community skating rink in Cambridge. I was gonna rent skates and have someone help me while I skate, but I told Mom and Matt about my plans and they said I couldn't ice skate cause I would get hurt from falling on the ice- like break a bone.
They said I could go out to meet people there and watch people ice skate. I'm debating whether or not I should still go out. I'd get out of the house but I'd have to find something to eat and with the money I have, I can't afford much for food.
Patrick invited me to do something a week from tomorrow. I might still have driver's ed but I'll go out afterwards. I'll give Patrick my e-mail Tuesday.
Wednesday night, I saw an opera at a movie theater in Revere. The Metropoltian Opera tapes thier shows and replays them to movie theaters so people who can't afford to see the operas live can see them. We saw La Rondine. It was good. We didn't go out to eat. We ate at home. The next time, we'll go out to eat at a restarant that's inside the theater. I didn't mention that I'm going to the bathroom around Christina cause when I mention it, she minicks me and tells Mom she has to use the bathroom as well. Mom doesn't like spending all her time in bathrooms when we go out. The less times Christina goes, the better. When she doesn't have to at all, that's even better!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home